Monday, September 20, 2010

The rest of my life, part 2

Back from Canada, and still with unanswered questions. But some (one?) answer. I will finish some of the projects I have started, and get rid of the rest (either by frogging, tossing, or giving away undone).

I love doing it all. I love sewing and quilting. I love knitting and spinning. I love dying, and want to use my own dyed products in my other projects. I am not ready to give up some other ideas of what to make and create.

My uncertainty is that I will spend the next twenty or thirty years going from one thing to another, and not ever get very good at anything. And I don't know if I care.

I read somewhere (while I was in Canada) that the colonies of (bacteria, I believe) actually do better if there are some "bad" eggs in the bunch. In the struggle to overcome the bad ones, the good ones get better, stronger, healthier. Now that I don't have to work for money, will I have the will-power, attitude, stick-to-it-iveness to really accomplish something? Or will I just become another old woman with a large stash of fabric, yarn, fiber, and unfinished projects? And again, do I care?

I have to ask the question. I don't have or have to have the answer.

No comments: