Thursday, October 21, 2010

Keeping Going

At the start of October, I had every intention of working heavily on the quilts for the grandkids. But then I took the boys camping for a weekend, and then I got sick or something, anyway didn't feel well for a few days. So much that I missed out on going to the boys last week. And I haven't been working on the quilts AT ALL. Until yesterday.

I kind of feel like I am balancing on top of a large ball, perhaps 10 feet in diameter. As long as I stay centered on the ball top, I am fine. However, once I fall off, it seems impossible to get back on. Imagine trying to climb up on a ten foot high ball. Impossible.

So yesterday, I finally got busy and got sewing again. I have gotten all the colored stripes sewed together, which was my goal for the first week. I know, this has been three weeks. However,....

Next step, pick out "sky", "ground", and "pot of gold" fabric to complete quilt top. And cut apart strips, to resew into rainbow shape. That shouldn't be so difficult. Goal timeline: Get fabrics picked out by Sunday, take with Monday, and complete cut apart-resew by the following Monday.

I can do this.

No comments: