Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Nothing to rant about

The Royal Wedding went off without a hitch.  I had watched "Chuck and Di" years ago, while in CA visiting my mother and brothers.  My daughter has no recollection of this.  Watched reruns then, as now, as two am is just not on my radar.  But thanks to a very loving DH, I had a lovely tape of the whole thing (five or six hours or so) and may therefore watch it again.

I am starting a new blog "Suzie's 52", hoping to be able to complete 52 projects in 52 weeks, starting May 5, 2011, and ending May 5, 2012.  Do the dates ring a bell for anyone?  Yes, it is Cinco de Mayo in which the whole country of Mexico and the states of Texas, NM, AZ, and California celebrate, uh, something.

I am happy with my medications (thyroid, adderall), the amount of daylight (up today at six am, and it was light out), and my plans for the next few weeks.  I still don't get enough done, but then, I always plan to do too much.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you're feeling better! Do you think the Texas sun helped any?

Last week we were up at 6 a.m. daily as Riley had the CRCT testing (state testing like the WASSL). Six in the morning was very difficult for us, especially given the tornado warnings most of Wed. night.

This week, even though testing is done, we are shooting for 7 a.m. and will gradually work back to 6:30 a.m. Nick has finally realized that his night owl habits are cutting into his off work time hours since he works until late in the evening. Finally! He gets it!

So, hopefully we'll be making more progress on getting things done soon. (I could do the fencing, but he'd feel hurt I didn't leave it for him to do, although I've been waiting 3 weeks already).