Monday, November 15, 2010

Progress, finally

We are on another road trip, this time from Seattle to Denver. We'll stay a week in Denver then return home. On the trip over, I knitted up a storm. I finished two bags, a pair of socks, and nearly finished a Christmas theme doll I call Elfie. All she needs is a skirt and she is also complete.

While I am here, I am working on the quilt. I just couldn't decide how to cut the rainbow pieces, and I finally decided that I couldn't tell how it would look until I did it. So, I DID IT. I cut the pieces and laid them out on a table. It is going to be okay, maybe even fine.

I realize that my goals are often much to grandiose. But sometimes, I do achieve them. My goal for this week is to get all the rainbow sewed together, then to add the "city" and sky pieces needed to complete the center of the top.

That seems pretty ambitious, but I might be able to so it.

Carry on!!!

No comments: