Thursday, January 6, 2011

New Year Old Projects

I'm still slogging along on the rainbow quilt. I got most of the "sky" portion done in Denver. After getting back from Denver, I did cut out the pieces for the bottom (city) part, sewed them together in a rather random fashion, and decided that it didn't work. I just didn't like it. So I went out and bought new fabric (fat quarters on sale at the LQS) and I'm starting over from scratch. The randomness of the first method just didn't work. I am so hesitant to cut the new fabric. It has been six weeks, now, and no progress.

Except that I do know what doesn't work, and that the city portion will have to be somewhat planned out, not random. I have a sketch, and the fabrics are pretty good. So I just have to be brave and start cutting.

No comments: