Friday, January 14, 2011

A few more inches completed

Tonight after dinner, I got out the sewing stuff, and completed the third house for the rianbow quilt. 

I also finished (except for binding off, which... but no excuses, I did finish the knitting) a pair of socks.  This involved frogging each one majorly.  I was almost to the top ribbing, having started at the toes, and I didn't like the way the colors played out.  So frogged one to before the heel turn, and the other to above the ankle.  Kept part of the yarn wound up inside sock, so as to shorten the immensely long color sweeps, and tried to match as much as possible the colors, so that more of the sock is the bright pink and less is the black, which turns out to be navy, brown, and black, rather than just black.  That was interesting.


Zauberball, in case anyone is interested, is the name of the wool.  I am now completely convinced that, per Judith MacKensie McCuin, you don't save any time atall by not plying your yarn.  This one is a single, and I fought with it often.  The single would split at the drop of a ball of yarn.  It was very hard to rip out, stitches dropped.  Ply already.  The colors are nice though.

No comments: