Thursday, February 17, 2011

More update on medication

One of the purposes of my writing this blog is so that I don't forget what is going on.  For instance, I can record progress or lack of it on my quilts, and remember from one month to the next what I'm doing.

Since I have gotten talking about depression, I think I can also do that for the medication.  So I was feeling pretty good, and I was taking two pills a day.  However, since the current prescription is for only one pill per day, I will run out in 45 days not 90 if I keep taking two. 

I therefore decided to only take one and a half pills per day.  Yesterday, after about a week of one and a half pills per day, I was feeling pretty lousy.  We really did have a good day.  Except that I didn't tell Nick that I wanted to visit some yarn shops, and I didn't tell him that it wasn't worth sitting around for two hours doing nothing while a podcast loaded.  And he didn't tell me that the lights in the library were giving him a headache.  So we were both unhappy, and I was ready to cry when we left the library. 

Then he wanted to go to a stupid Dollar Store that the GPS said was there and wasn't, because he wanted to buy popcorn.  Well, driving all over Santa Barbara to save a dollar or two on popcorn, when we already have popcorn in the motorhome is just dumb.  Only I never said that to him.

I just wanted to go home, and cry.  It started feeling like I could NEVER do what I want and NEVER go anywhere without Nick and that he didn't want to do ANYTHING I wanted to do, because he won't ride bikes or fix stuff.

Well, Susan.  You are going to call the doctor and get an appointment for when you get home.  You can even make the appointment from here, as soon as you know for sure when you will get home.  So take the medication you need, and feel better.

Yes, Mother.  I am a good person, I take care of myself.

So there.  (Started back on two pills per day today!)

No comments: